1. Are children of all ages welcome? Absolutely! Our youngest guest so far has been 4 months old! Our retreats offer a sense of inclusion and it's a delight to welcome children of all ages. We find that ages gaps are not a problem and the older children like to help with the youngers ones, and those too young to participate in the retreat like to just be in the thick of things absorbing the atmosphere anyway!
2. Who looks after the children whilst the adults are participating in activities? We normally provide nannies in countries such as Sri Lanka and Bali. Each family would get one nanny each or they can request two for an extra supplement if they have two small children. In Australia we would have a small playgroup where we could set up a safe and contained area for the children to play, supervised by child minders.
3. I'm a single parent, can I still come? Yes! We welcome families of all shapes and sizes and can ensure you that as a single parent you will feel right at home. In fact we feel these retreats are even more important for single parents who don't have a partner to share child caring duties with on holiday.
4. I'm a beginner at Yoga, is that ok? Yes. We all have to start somewhere and were all beginners once! Continuing with the theme of inclusion and warmth on our retreats we welcome you in our classes wherever you are in your life and your practice. Our classes will be multi level and offer options for all levels of experience.
5. Do I need travel insurance? We strongly recommend you acquire your own travel insurance and 'Under The Bodhi Tree Retreats' Sri Lanka cannot be held liable for any financial consequences of you not doing so. We recommend you get an insurance with a good cancellation policy, in case you need to cancel due to any unforeseen circumstances and one that covers you for any specific activities we may be doing as well as medical assistance.
6. Is my deposit refundable? Unfortunately not. We need to protect ourselves by asking for this deposit and it is non refundable. You can however, transfer it to another person or if notice is given 45 days before the start day of the retreat then you can transfer the deposit to another retreat of your choice at a later date within 1 year of the retreat you booked. Full payment is due 4 weeks prior the the start date of the retreat. At that stage we need to honour our bookings with payment so no refunds can be given. If you are worried you may have to cancel due to any unforeseen circumstances it is advisable to take out a good insurance policy covering you for cancellations.